SHOW JUMPING RESULT - ARMY RIDER WINS LISBON GRAND PRIX
In his most spectacular win yet this season, the Army Equitation School's Lt. David O'Brien snatched the Lisbon four-star Grand Prix today (June 8) from some of the strongest opposition he has yet faced, and picked up prize money of almost £20,000.
O'Brien has already scored a class win at Modena, and last month took three consecutive Firsts at Le Mans.
Robert Splaine, who has also been featuring strongly at Modena, came Fifth in today's Grand Prix.
The Lisbon Nations Cup competition takes place on Sunday.
CSIO LISBON PORTUGAL 7-10 JUNE 2001
Competition VI - AUDI GRAND PRIX (June 8)
Two Different Rounds - Table A against the clock
1) Boherdeal Clover; Lt David O' Brien (IRL) Prize Money 4,950,000
Portuguese Escudos (IR£19,445) Faults 0.00/0.00 Time 41.16
2) Olympia ; Michel Robert (FRA) Prize Money 3,000,000 Portuguese Escudos
Faults 0.00/0.00 Time 41.31
3) Cabri d'Elle; Scott Smith (GBR) Prize Money 1,800,000 Portuguese Escudos
Faults 0.00/0.00 Time 42.19
4) Captain Wellington; Andrew Davies (GBR) Prize Money 1,350,000 Portuguese
Escudos Faults 0.00/0.00 Time 46.05
5) Coolcorron Cool Diamond; Robert Splaine (IRL) Prize Money 900,000
Portuguese Escudos (IR£3,500) Faults 0.00/0.00 Time 47.45